The British Artist Blacksmiths Association owns and operates this website. We are committed to the privacy and security of our visitors’ and our Members information.
The following is a statement of our privacy practices:
An overview can also be downloaded here.
- Your personal information is not required to visit babamembers.org.uk
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested/required during account registration for interactive participation on babamembers.org.uk and during the ordering process or by electing to be listed in our directory after becoming a member.
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well protected environment.
- British Artist Blacksmiths Association only shares personal information to billing companies for completing transactions and for no other purpose. No other information is shared with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- British Artist Blacksmiths Association makes every effort to preserve your privacy, personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
babamembers.org.uk relies on “cookie” technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile during a web session. This mechanism is employed solely for your convenience and security and for no other purpose.
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, British Artist Blacksmiths Association, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
BABA makes use of WooCommerce to sell tickets and other organisation related items. By default woocommerce will track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
This web site takes every precaution to protect our visitor’s information. When visitors submit sensitive information via the web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
All online payments are handled by dedicated payment providers Stripe. BABA does not have access to nor store payment card details.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our members’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our Treasurer or Membership Secretary) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.
If visitors have any questions about the security on babamembers.org.uk, feel free to contact the Membership Secretary.
Correcting, Updating, Deleting & Deactivating Personal Information
If a visitors personally identifiable information changes (such as Post code, phone, email or postal address), or if a visitor and or member no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate personally identifiable information. This can usually be done at the ‘Your Account’ page or by contacting the Membership Secretary.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Notification of Changes
The British Artist Blacksmiths Association has no intention to sell or in any way release members data in any manor that is not directly for the continued operation of BABA as a membership organisation.